Producers Platform #7 – CO-PRODUCTION / WAVES
One-day seminar for producers and self-producing artists from all genres within the independent performing arts. Including bus to and from CPH, lunch, and outdoor shows.
Join the Development Platform for this opportunity to explore the how, what and whys of co-producing. The seminar is designed for beginners to intermediate, but more advanced co-producers are also welcome!
The 7th edition of our full-day format, Producers Platform, is dedicated to one of the most hyped, but also challenging terms within the performing arts scene today: CO-PRODUCTION. With this seminar we will guide you through the fundamental questions of co-producing:
- Why co-produce? Co-productions come in many shapes and forms, and the motivations vary from project to project.
- Is it for me? The pros and cons.
- How do I get started? Identifying relevant partners. Knocking down doors: What do I have to contribute?
- The first steps towards establishing a co-production. What to consider before committing to co-produce?
- Making it official: What to remember in a co-production agreement? The ‘lingo’ of co-production. Royalities, finances, credits and all the other important stuff.
- Going international. What are the specific extra things to consider when establishing international co-productions?
- Making it work: How to make sure the relationship stays one of mutual respect and open exchange throughout the course of the co-production?
Having established the fundamentals of co-production, we will also discuss existing notions and explore ways in which we might challenge such notions:
- Power relations in co-productions: The venue as giver and the company as taker?
- The prototypical co-production: Does it have to be about a performance?
The format of the seminar will be a mix of best-case presentations, expert speakers, and time to reflect on your own practice through worksheets and group discussions.
More detailed program and speakers TBA.
After Producers Platform#7 there will be time to see the two following performances on WAVES:
17.00 – 17.40: Fly me to the moon (out door performace – no booking required)
18.00: Pop Up Civilazation ( booking required)
Bus schedule August 24th:
08.30: Bus departure CPH Ingerslevsgade – Good Morning peers!
10.20: Arrival at Waves / Vordingborg – Welcoming by the Waves Festival
20.00: Bus departure from Waves/Vordingborg
21.30: Arrival in CPH / DGI byen
Venue: STARS, Algade 84, Vordingborg
Price: 150 DDK ( including bustrip and lunch)
Please note that you will be charged a NO SHOW FEE (250,- DDK) if you don’t show up to the event. You can cancel your registration up to 5 days before the event.
Registration: Please register here no later than August 17th.